First, let’s look at what are Cement & Tile Adhesive?
Cement is a binding agent in itself that also sets and hardens to adhere to other building materials to bind them together.
Tile Adhesive is a ready-to-use-made mixture available in the market by adding water for lying tiles.
Difference in Tile Adhesive & Cement
- Using tile adhesive is easy while working with the cement mix is quite inconvenient.
- Tile Adhesive is lighter than the cement mix.
- Adhesive grip tiles better than cement and it can also easily hold bigger size stones.
- The process of cement mix is dusty & dirty while tile adhesive has low dust process and provides a clean working space
- Tiles need to be soaked in water for at least one day while using cement mix to laying tiles, soaking tiles in water is not required with tile adhesive
- Cement mix is a time-consuming process for laying tiles while tile adhesive is quick & fast
- Cement mix has a poor bonding strength while tile adhesive grips the tile very well
- Tile adhesive requires a lot thinner mixture then cement mix and this leads to a lighter load to the building structure.
- Cement mix is easy on pocket while you’ve to spend a bit more for the tile adhesive
- Cement mix is used for constructions while tile adhesive is preferred in decoration areas.
But before buying and using an adhesive, you must know where you want to use it. Because there are different types of adhesive available in the market to serve different purposes. For example, floor tile adhesive can’t be used for exterior wall tiles or wall tiles.
So, we conclude both are important it all depends on the purpose of using them.
If you are also looking for the expert advice you may connect with us.
Innovative Design Associates, General Contractor – Interior in Delhi NCR for any kind of interior renovation & Installation works, just a click away. Our experts will take care of everything for you.